CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 13, 2008

School's Out for Summer...

I am done with school and have been now for one week! It is wonderful I love being able to stay home and play with Shalece everyday...also get some stuff done around the house that I have put off for way too long!
Summer has just begun but we have already had a full schedule. Yesterday Travis' work had their work party at Lagoon, "it's what fun is"! Travis got four tickets so we took Chad, Travis' little bro, and Melissa, my older sis, and then us. Shalece she is still too little to really go on many of the rides so she just had fun going on the merry-go-round and watching all of the lights and rides and walking around when she could I think the highlight of her night was when we went to eat dinner and she got to chase the seagulls it was pretty funny to watch her! My brother Todd works for the same company so his family was there as well and they took Ashley, my little sis, it was a family affair besides the work party. I will have to post pictures when I get them I took them with Ashley's camera.

Today is my birthday I am the big 25! Let me tell you now that I am a quarter of a century old I think it is all catching up to me. I can't eat as much as I want without it changing my body some how and I can't run as fast as I used to and I can't lift as much as I used to and the list could go on and on but I won't bore you with the changes of my life as time catches up to me!!!! Just teasing, kind of, about all this time talk and me being old! Sure I am a quarter of a century but life is good and I am doing great!

My sisters and my mom took me to Good Things Utah today. It was a lot of fun to go and see how it is taped and what they do during live TV. I do have to admit that I laughed a little and wanted to make some pretty sarcastic remarks during the show because it was and always is a little cheesy but I loved it and it was cool because yep that's right I was a star today...they announced my birthday and showed me on the camera!
No but it was really fun to go and be with my sisters and mom. After we went to lunch if anyone has never heard of Paradise Bakery you have to try it out! It was delicious!






So when I got home Travis had decorated the house and wrapped some presents for me he is very thoughtful and does so much for me I am so lucky to have a husband like him! (I just want everyone to take a look at the wrapping paper though I thought it was hilarious because this was the only paper he could find today! I wonder how hard he looked for the other!)



Tonight we went and got ice cream at the best place of all......Leatherby's.....and when we got home some of my basketball girls had come to decorate as well. They put the signs up and left some cards on the door it was so cute and very thoughtful!

I might not get paid much for coaching but things like this make it all worth it!

10 comments:

Andree and Josh said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!

Breanne said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Missed you last night at Terry's for ice cream. I found out you blogged from Kristen. I'm excited to keep in touch this way :)

The Sorensen Family said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Looks like you guys had fun! I agree with the show being a bit cheesy.... Jealous of the trip to Leatherby's. Oh how I miss their carmel!

Anonymous said...

hey how are you guys? your little girls is getting so big! tell travis hi for us!

ps. or blog is www.aaronjess.blogspot.com

Southern Belle said...

Hi Emily!! Andree emailed me for my address and gave me your blog address because I forgot it! Your blog is so cute! You need to do more updates and more pics though, so I can see what is going on there in Kearns that I am missing out on. You should email me at stacita@juno.com and then I will have your email address and I can tell you all of the exciting things happening here in Georgia!!!

Stephanie said...

So crazy...

Here I am flipping through blogs and you pop up. You were my teacher for health class when I was a senior. You were actually one of my favorite teachers. Pretty neat.

Your baby is adorable!

Southern Belle said...

I think its time for another post!!

Fuller Family said...

Hey Em, I just found your blog and I am so excited that I did. what is your email address so that I can add you to my blog. Mine is full.4@hotmail.com. you can email me. It was so fun to see your cute family. I am so excited to keep in touch with you!
Wendy

Trent and Kim said...

I know I am over a month late, but Happy Birthday!!! I hope you guys are doing well. We finally have a blog, so Im excited that I can keep up with what you guys are doing. I missed you guys on the fourth, I wish we could have come back. Hope you guys are having a fun summer. I hope we can keep in touch this way!

Melinda said...

Emily - you CANT be 25?!?!? Wow! Happy Birthday. : )

Glad you had fun at Lagoon...I would fit well with Shelece because I get motion sick from everything so I don't go on rides.